The collections mandate for University Archives & Special Collections is focused on the acquisition, preservation, and accessibility of permanently valuable records of the University of Saskatchewan; and of books, journals, manuscripts, archival collections and printed ephemera of a rare, valuable or regional nature. The collections include materials relating to Saskatchewan, Western Canada, and the University of Saskatchewan, including works by university authors.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance. It is important to note that not all materials are described in the tools outlined below. NB: some collections are offsite and require advanced notice for retrieval. We are also currently in the process of consolidating some of the access tools for archival material, with the recent (July 2013) integration of the University Archives and Special Collections units.
Follow the links on the right for more information about various aspects of our collections. Here are some quick links to general databases:
- Fonds/collections database
- Photograph database - primarily University Archives collections including general photograph collection and Diefenbaker collection
- Library online catalogue and USearch - to search for published material, and both include item-level records of some manuscript collections
- Item-level descriptions for several collections can be found through thematic digital projects.Many of our digital projects can also be searched through this general digital collections site (contentDM collections).
- Doukhobors in Canada
- Manuscripts and archival collections - thematic areas
- Sexual diversity - Library/archival resources on campus
- Aboriginal research resources: