- University Archives & Special Collections does not lend material from its holdings. Photocopies or scans of material may be provided at the rates set out in our current fee schedule. Copying and scanning is done by unit staff; digital photography or scanning by researchers is generally not permitted at this time.
- Unless specific permission for other use is obtained, reproductions are provided for the purpose of research and personal study only. Researchers are advised that it is their responsibility to obtain copyright permission to publish or otherwise reproduce or distribute archival material. Whenever possible, staff will provide information about copyright holders. However, responsibility regarding questions of copyright that may arise in the use of any images is assumed by the researcher.
- We may refuse to make copies of material if restricted by donor agreement or copyright, if the material is fragile, or if suitable equipment is not available.
- For digital copies, we can make no guarantees about the quality of the scan, and are unable to make any enhancements or adjustments to brightness, contrast, etc. Where possible, we will undertake to provide the digital image in the format requested by the researcher, but this will be limited by the equipment and software available at the time. The terms governing use, reproduction and publication of material provided in a digital format are the same as for material provided in any other format.
- For off-campus users, photocopies of some published materials may be available through interlibrary loan. Please contact your local library to arrange this.