Do You Qualify For Employment?
To qualify as a student employee, a person MUST:
- be registered as a full time U of S student (that is, registered in 18 or more credit units or three full classes during the Regular Session)
- be registered as a full time graduate student
- be registered as a full time student in Saskatchewan Polytechnic's Library and Information Technology Program
Students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents must provide proof of a valid study permit authorizing employment on campus, and provide proof of a current social insurance number [SIN] when an offer of employment is made.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the primary language of the employer (English).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use initiative.
- Comfort with working alone during evenings and weekends as the need arises.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with diverse tasks and to be flexible when necessary.
- Demonstrated excellent customer services skills.
- Proficient and accurate keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of microcomputer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, email).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to do moderately heavy lifting
All employees will be provided with feedback in regards to their performance in the position. An employee's continued employment is dependent upon satisfactory performance.