What is the Laptop Lending Program? Room 1B08, Engineering Building, 57 Campus Drive, Saskatoon SK, Canada S7N 5A9 306-966-5976CONTACT US
The Engineering Library has a IBM ThinkPad R50 laptop available for loan. It is configured as Learning Commons machine and has access to the University of Saskatchewan's wireless network. This means that once connected to the U of S wireless network, the laptop will default to the Learning Commons homepage which accesses a variety of software, electronic mail, file storage, personal web pages and online courses.Who can borrow a laptop?
Laptops are available on a first come first serve basis to students, faculty and staff of the University of Saskatchewan at all branch libraries. Upon presentation of a valid library card in good standing, and the completion of the Liability Consent Form, a laptop can be taken out of the library for a 6 hour loan period.
How do I operate the IBM ThinkPad?
What do I need to know about borrowing a laptop?
- The IBM ThinkPad is provided with an AC adaptor cable, a security lock down cable, a basic operation/information package and a carry case
- The laptop and all of its accessories are the patron's responsibility while checked out. NEVER leave the machine unattended at any time!
- Fines for overdue laptops will accrue at the rate of $1.00 an hour per item (Total $3.00/hr). A bill for replacement will be generated after 12 hours overdue
- If the equipment is returned damaged or is lost or stolen, the user will be charged the repair or replacement costs according to current replacement value costs for the laptop, peripherals or current shop rates for repair (@$50.00 per hour).
- The borrower is deemed responsible for the replacement cost of $3,000.00 for lost laptops plus a non-refundable $30.00 processing fee and a $10.00 billing fee.
- The Laptop unit is not renewable.
- The Laptop must be returned directly to the staff at the Engineering Library circulation desk at the due time or 1 hour before the library closes (whichever comes first)
- Noncompliance with any of the policies or procedures involved with laptop borrowing will cause a ban from further participation. Unpaid library accounts may lead to the suspension of borrowing privileges, the withholding of marks and transcripts, prevention of future registration and can be referred to a Collection Agency
The staff at the Engineering Library circulation desk will be able to help you with some basic operation instructions for the laptop or you can view the document which is included with the laptop unit. Please note that all policies and procedures are subject to changes and/or revisions at any time.