What is the Laptop Lending Program?
The Leslie and Irene Dubé Health Sciences Library has 10 IBM ThinkPad laptops for loan which have access to the University of Saskatchewan's wireless network. This means that once connected to the U of S wireless network, these laptops provide access to CPAS printers, electronic mail, file storage, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, personal web pages, and online courses.
Who can borrow a laptop?
Laptops are available on a first come first serve basis to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Saskatchewan. Upon presentation of a valid library card, a laptop can be checked out of the library for a 6-hour loan period.
Where do I check for available laptops?
Under the Catalogue Tab, search by Title for Laptop. You will get a list of laptops, accessories, and locations.
What do I need to know about borrowing a laptop?
- Each laptop is provided with an AC adaptor, a security lock down cable, and a carry case. A mouse can be checked out separately.
- The laptop and its accessories are the borrower's responsibility while checked out. NEVER leave the machine unattended at any time!
- Fines for overdue laptops will accrue at the rate of $1.00/hour for each item. A bill for replacement will be generated after 12 hours overdue.
- If the equipment is returned damaged or is lost or stolen, the borrower will be charged the repair or replacement costs according to current replacement value costs for the machines, peripherals or current shop rates for repair ($50.00 per hour).
- The borrower is deemed responsible for the replacement cost of $2,500.00 for lost laptops plus a non-refundable $30.00 processing fee.
- Laptops are not renewable but if another unit is available, it may be checked out.
- Laptops must be returned directly to the library staff at the circulation desk at the due time or 1 hour before the library closes (whichever comes first). Laptops cannot be checked out overnight.
- Laptop use is subject to the University of Saskatchewan Computer Use Policy.
For more in-depth instruction see the IT Service Desk staff.
Please note that all policies and procedures are subject to changes and/or revisions at any time.