To maximize the use of, and access to, all materials and resources owned by the University Library, the following borrowing policies are in effect.
- All borrowers must present an authorized card for the purpose of borrowing materials or for requesting access to other library services.
- To receive and update a library card, alumni borrowers are required to present two pieces of valid and up-to-date identification. One of the pieces must list the borrower's current address (e.g. driver's license, date-stamped envelope that the borrower recently received) and one of the pieces must be their Alumni Association card.
- Lost library cards must be reported immediately to the library which you normally use. This permits us to place a borrowing stop on your card to prevent another patron using it to borrow materials.
- Alumni Borrowers are able to borrow a maximum of 10 items. However, alumni are not entitled to extended loans or to the use of Reserve Collections.
- Alumni Borrowers have very limited access to licensed electronic resources. See the list of electronic resources available to Alumni. The Library is legally obligated to respect the license agreements for our electronic resources that restrict access to current faculty, staff, students, and, in most cases, walk-in users. Unfortunately, it would be prohibitively expensive for the Library to negotiate additional access for Alumni in these license agreements. The Library has public workstations available for access to electronic resources, as most resources do allow access to members of the public that physically visit a Library branch (walk-in use). Additionally, the Murray Library and the Education Library have provisions for alumni printing. Health Professionals may also be eligible for the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library.
Library Notices and Email Policy
- Library notices will be emailed to your email account if you include an email address in your library record. The email policy applies to all library borrowers.
- Alumni Borrowers will be charged for Interlibrary Loan services. The fee is $10.00 to search for a title plus $10.00 when the item is received. The searching fee is not refunded if the item cannot be located or if it is not available for interlibrary loan.
Change of Address
- Borrowers are responsible for providing the Library with a current address. If an incorrect address is detected, the library card will have a stop placed on it until the address is updated. Providing an email address is optional but where an email address is provided, overdue notices and recalls are emailed to the borrower and will be received more quickly than regular mail.
Loan periods, fines, and missing books policies.
Library hours vary according to season and location.
If in doubt - Ask us ! We are here to assist you.