To maximize the use of, and access to, materials and resources owned by the University Library, the following borrowing policies are in effect.
The University of Saskatchewan offers borrowing access to those not associated with the University through an External Borrower Card.
- There is an annual fee of $150.00 (non-refundable) for individuals seeking library access. This fee will defray service expenses and material costs accrued by the Libraries in the provision of service to the External Borrower.
- All borrowers must present an authorized card for the purpose of borrowing materials or for requesting access to other library services.
- To receive and update a library card, External Borrowers are required to present two pieces of valid and up-to-date identification. One of the pieces must list the borrower's current address (e.g. driver's license, date-stamped envelope that the borrower recently received).
- Lost library cards must be reported immediately to the library which you normally use. This permits us to place a borrowing stop on your card to prevent another patron using it to borrow materials.
- External Borrowers are able to borrow a maximum of 10 items. Extended loans or the use of the Reserve Collections is not provided.
- External Borrowers have very limited access to licensed electronic resources. Click here to see the list of electronic resources available to External Borrowers. The Library is legally obligated to respect the license agreements for
our electronic resources that restrict access to current faculty, staff,
students, and, in most cases, walk-in users. Unfortunately, it would
be prohibitively expensive for the Library to negotiate additional
access for External Borrowers in these license agreements. The Library has public
workstations available for access to electronic resources, as most
resources do allow access to members of the public that physically visit
a Library branch (walk-in use). Health
Professionals may also be eligible for the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library.
- External Borrowers will be charged for Interlibrary Loan services. The fee is $10.00 to search for a title plus $10.00 when the item is received. The searching fee is not refunded if the item cannot be located or if it is not available for Interlibrary loan.
Library Notices and Email Policy
- Library notices will be emailed to your email account if you include an email address in your library record. The email policy applies to all library borrowers.
Change of Address
- Borrowers are responsible for providing the Library with a current address. If an incorrect address is detected, the library card will have a stop placed on it until the address is updated. Providing an email address is optional but where an email address is provided, overdue notices and recalls are emailed to the borrower and will be received more quickly than regular mail.
Loan periods, fines and missing book policies.
Library hours vary according to season and location. Contact the library you normally use:
|Education & Music
If in doubt - Ask us ! We are here to assist you.