What is the Laptop Lending Program?
Lenovo ThinkPad laptops are available to borrow and work with the University of Saskatchewan's wireless network. This means that once connected to the U of S wireless network, these laptops provide access to CPAS printers, e-mail, file storage, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, online courses and more.
Who can borrow a laptop?
Laptops are available on a first come first serve basis to students, faculty and staff of the University of Saskatchewan. Present your valid library card (student card) to borrow a laptop for up to a 6 hour loan period.
Where do I check for available laptops?
Under the Catalogue Tab, search by Title for Laptop. You will get a list of laptops, accessories and locations.
What do I need to know about borrowing a laptop?
- laptops are configured to be used on the campus wireless network and will not work off campus
- you can save items to your "V" drive
- laptops come with an AC adaptor cable, a security lock down cable and a carry case
- NEVER leave the machine unattended at any time! (the laptop and all of its accessories are the patron's responsibility while checked out)
- laptop units are not renewable but if another laptop unit is available, it may be checked out
- laptops must be returned directly to the staff at the circulation desk at the due time or 1 hour before the library closes (whichever comes first)
- laptop use is subject to the University of Saskatchewan Computer Use Policy
- fees for overdue laptops will accrue at the rate of $1/hour for the laptop and any accessory item(s) that have been scanned (total of $2 or $3 per hour depending on the library location from which the laptop was borrowed)
If you require assistance the staff at the IT Help desk in the Murray Library or the Health Sciences Library can answer your questions and help with computer problems.
Please note that all policies and procedures are subject to changes and/or revisions at any time.
If in doubt - Ask us ! We are here to assist you.