Types of Computers in the Library
- Learning Commons computers provide a full set of library and office applications, web based email, network file storage, and printing. They are located in all libraries except Law and require a Network Services ID (NSID) password and login.
- Public Access and Express computers are available to anyone. They do not require NSID logins. You cannot print from these computers.
- Library Catalogue computers connect only to the Library's online catalogue. They do not require NSID logins. You cannot print from these computers.
- Login Catalogue machines. These machines have Internet Access and Printing only, but you must login with an NSID. These machines can be used for Alumni printing. These are available in Murray (First and Ground Floor), Education, Engineering and Veterinary Medicine
- Computers for people with disabilities are located in Room G19 on the Murray Library ground floor, located near the Checkout Desk
- Laptops for loan are available at all library locations.
- Scanning is available at Murray, Veterinary Medicine, Health Sciences, Science, Education, and Engineering Libraries
Rules and Regulations for Computer Use
Users of Learning Commons and other computers in the Library are responsible for reading and understanding the regulations governing the use of these computers.
Account based (CPAS - Central Print Account System) printing is available at all library locations. The cost is 10 cents per page for black and white and 25 cents per page for colour. If your CPAS print account does not have adequate funds, your job will not be printed.
If there is no paper in the printer, please inform staff at the Student Computing Help Desks in the Murray or Health Sciences Libraries. For all other branch libraries, inform the staff at the Checkout Desk. If you have already paid for your print job, your job will begin or resume printing as soon as paper is added
Money can be added to print accounts at all Library Checkout Desks. Cash, interac and credit card are accepted.
To print from your account:
- Ensure that you have money in your campus print account by going to PAWS or your account web page and logging in with your NSID and password.
- Select the Print option under the File menu in the application you wish to print from.
Note: You cannot print from DOS applications
- Click the Properties button to make any required changes to the page settings, then click on the Print button. Your print job will be immediately sent to the printer.
Note: If you do not have adequate funds in your print account to print your job, a small pop-up screen will appear on the computer screen advising you of this.
- Pick up your print job.
To print from your laptop:
Follow the instructions on these ICT printing guides http://www.usask.ca/its/services/printing/guides/index.php
Wireless access is available in all the libraries: Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Murray (Ground, 1st, 2nd, and 5th floor), Science, and Veterinary Medicine.
Docking stations allow you to plug your laptop into the U of S network and the Internet via computer network jacks. Details on registering and configuring your laptop are available on the ITC web site.
Docking stations are available in the Education, Health Sciences, Murray and Science Libraries