These regulations govern use of Learning Commons and public computers and access to the Internet in the University of Saskatchewan Library. They are supplementary to the University of Saskatchewan Computer Use Policy: Appendix A "Appropriate Use of University Computing Facilities". Users of Learning Commons and public computers in the Library are responsible for reading and understanding these regulations.
- Library and Learning Commons computers are provided for research and scholarly use. Recreational use of computers (e.g. engaging in personal chat lines, playing computer games, etc.) is discouraged, especially during busy times.
- No software may be loaded on Library and Learning Commons computers. Tampering or attempting to tamper with computer hardware or software setups is prohibited.
- The Library reserves the right to impose time limits on the use of computers. You are not allowed to use more than one workstation at a time. Unattended computers will be logged out.
- Food and drink are prohibited at Library and Learning Commons computers.
- Access to the Internet is provided in connection with the Library's mission of supporting the teaching and research activities of the University. Use of the Internet for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Access to information on the Internet is governed by Canadian laws relating to copyright, privacy, and obscenity. Use of the Internet to transmit material that violates any applicable law or regulation is prohibited.
- Although the Library supports freedom of access to all legally available information, there may be material on the Internet that is not appropriate for display in a public place. Internet users may be required to cease displaying material if it is offensive to other Library patrons or staff.
Failure to observe these regulations or the University of Saskatchewan Computer Use Policy: Appendix A "Appropriate Use of University Computing Facilities" may result in library privileges being revoked and/or further disciplinary action.
- The Library and Learning Commons do not take responsibility for:
- the content, accuracy, or timeliness of information found on the Internet;
- files downloaded from the Internet -- virus checking is the responsibility of the user;
- files saved, purposefully or inadvertently, onto the hard drives of Library or Learning Commons computers;
- successfully retrieving work or documents that have not been saved.
updated March 2008