Canadian Geospatial Data
Geography Products from Statistics Canada
2011 Census Geography Products
Previous Census Geography Files
Postal Code Conversion Files
Census of Agriculture Geography Files -Boundary files for the census of Agriculture available for download as well as online maps.
Health Statistics Geography files
Base Maps & Topographic
DMTI Spatial Products
- Street files
- Census data and boundary information
- Postal geography
- Topographic maps
- Points of Interest
NRCAN's GeoGratis: Search and discover free maps and data
Agriculture and Environment
- Geospatial Products from Agriculture Canada - AgriMap, Biomass, Canada Land Inventory, Land Cover for Ag, Soil of Canada, and more.
- Climate Map - Online mapping application for climate change, variability and extremes.
- DRI: Drought Research Initiative - A searchable database of relevant data sources for the study of drought in Western Canada is available for download.
- Environment Canada: National Pollutant Release Inventory map (for Google Earth)
- Great Lakes Information Network - Data regarding biota, boundaries, climate, imagery, elevation, environment, and more - relating to the Great Lakes. Data available in PDF, KML,SHP and GML. Layers are accompanied by metadata.
- North American Environmental Atlas - free online atlas as a tool for analysis of environmental data in North Americaupon which many different layers of environmental-related data can be layered.
- Prairie Region Invasive Plant Species Inventory and Map Display - invasive species online map.
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada: Timelines and Maps - This series of maps illustrates the historical evolution of Canada through treaty-making between 1867 and 1999, focussing on the Numbered Treaties.
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada - GeoViewer : The GeoViewer is web based mapping tool that can be used to view, gather and query geographic information regarding INAC.
Socio-Economic and Business
- Community Information Database : Free online resource for socio-economic and demographic data and information for all communities across Canada.
- SimplyMap Canada - online mapping application for thematic mapping of Canadian demographic and business data. Must be used on campus. Quick reference guide can be found here.
Other Canadian GIS data