Declassified CIA Documents on the Vietnam War
We hereby acknowledge the permissions granted by the Gale Group to include in
this Database the abstracts provided in the Declassified Documents Reference
System CD-ROM and by the Texas Tech University's Virtual Vietnam Archive to
provide the links for fulltext documents.
- Senator Abraham A. Ribicoff's visit to Vietnam
- Date of Creation:
- December 19, 1967
- Date of Declassification:
- July 2, 1996
- Type of Document:
- Level of Classification:
- NOT GIVEN
- Status of Copy:
- Pagination, Illustration:
- 2 p.
- This Memo, from CIA Director Richard Helms to the Under Secretary of State, summarizes Senator Abraham A. Ribicoff's visit to Vietnam to be briefed on the Viet Cong, the NVA (North Vietnamese Army), political postures, South Vietnamese politics, intentions of the Chinese Communists, consequences of U.S. interests if Vietnam were lost, and the chances of winning the war on the ground.
- Indexing Terms:
ABRAHAM A. RIBICOFF
POLITICAL SITUATION IN SOUTH VIETNAM
MILITARY SITUATION IN SOUTH VIETNAM
US POLICY ON VIETNAM WAR
NORTH VIETNAMESE SUPPORT FOR VIET CONG
- Declassified Documents Reference System Location: