The University Library's core purpose is to advance learning, research, and collaborations across our diverse community through the unique combination of academic support services, inclusive spaces, and relevant and distinctive collections.
- Strategic framework 2025 (PDF 1.4 MB)
- The University Library's strategic framework builds on the University Plan 2025 and identifies key commitments and objectives that will define our work and inform our priorities through 2025.
- University Library Master Plan
- The University Library Transformation Project (ULTP) master plan presents a strategy for the architectural and programmatic evolution of our library spaces.
- Library assessment program
- The library assessment program consists of four key components: library data and statistics, library surveys, key performance indicators and benchmarking, and other assessment-related activities.
- Balancing the collections budget
- In 2019, the University Library undertook a review of our Big Deal subscriptions in direct response to the unsustainable rising costs set by publishers, the fluctuating value of the Canadian dollar, and the monopolization of publishing companies. Learn about our process and results of the project.
- Open access commitment (PDF 200 KB)
- Statement of commitment to open access principles in our professional work and research adopted by the librarians and archivists of the University of Saskatchewan (Dec 10, 2020).
- The Centre for Evidence Based Library and Information Practice (C-EBLIP) supports librarians as researchers and promotes evidence based practice.