We are not accepting applications at this time.


To qualify as a student tutor, you must be a registered USask student (full or part-time).

A minimum of two years of full-time university study in any discipline, while maintaining an average of 85% or higher in relevant university-level mathematics or statistics-intensive courses.

Interested applicants can contact the Math & Stats Help Coordinator regarding relevant coursework.

Experience and skills

  • Tutoring experience focused on mathematics or statistics at the university level is strongly preferred.
  • Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people effectively, especially learners of varying levels of ability.
  • Courses in a variety of mathematics, statistics, and science topics at the university level and/or courses in learning theory.
  • Effective communication and time management skills.
  • Ability to work independently.
  • Comfort with working alone during evenings and weekends.
  • Ability to cope with diverse tasks and be adaptable.

The following are assets, but are not requirements for this position: 

  • Experience as a teaching assistant in mathematics or statistics intensive courses or a marker at the post-secondary level.
  • Experience, knowledge, and/or understanding of Indigenous cultures and histories.
  • Experience working with students with disabilities.
  • Experience working with students for whom English is an additional language.
  • Knowledge of intercultural competencies
  • Positive Space training
  • Familiarity with the USask context.
  • Ability to motivate students who are experiencing difficulty.
  • Experience with statistical software (R, SPSS, Excel, Stata)
  • Knowledge of issues in learning introductory mathematics or statistics at the post-secondary level
  • Knowledge of learning theory (learning introductory mathematics or statistics at the post-secondary level, the K-12 curriculum in Saskatchewan)
  • Experience with peer academic mentoring


Current USask student rates of pay apply.


Paid on-the-job training is provided. 

Hours of work

  • Casual hours
  • No guaranteed hours of work

International students

Students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents must provide proof of a valid study permit authorizing employment on campus, and provide proof of a current social insurance number (SIN) when an offer of employment is made.