The library help desk on the first floor of the Murray Library (directly across from the elevators) is the place to go to learn everything you need to know. Everyone, including new and returning grad or undergrad students, faculty, or staff, is welcome to come to the library help desk.
Things you can learn about:
- Getting started with your research
- How to navigate the library website to find books and scholarly journal articles
- Where to get writing help, math & stats help, IT help, or research help
- All about borrowing books and using your library account
- How to use the computers, print, scan, or photocopy in the library
- Finding the best spaces to study quietly or not-so-quietly
- How to book a library group study room
- And any other questions you may have!
You can sit down with the friendly staff members at the library help desk anytime between 10 am and 5 pm Monday through Thursday or between 10 am and 4 pm on Friday. No appointment is necessary. Can't make it in to the library? You can also chat with us online, email us as email@example.com or call us at 306-966-1765.
(P.S. Are you interested in an individual or group tour of the library? We can do that for you too! Visit our Tour Guide for all the details.)