Not just another day off
This exhibit is meant to be a respectful demonstration of the generations of Indigenous educators, scholars and community members that connects the Residential school with anti-Indigenous racism in their combined legacies, including:
- the Sixties Scoop
- the overincarceration of Indigenous peoples
- the hyper-surveillance and policing of Indigenous peoples
- Indian control of Indian education
- missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls
- Indigenous resistance and resilience
For more information please visit the exhibit's official page and see its accompanying guide.
The University of Saskatchewan Library's exhibit titled Not Just Another Day Off: Orange Shirt Day and the Legacy of Indian Residential Schools will be on display from September 2021 until June 2022. The exhibit can be viewed in the Murray Library on the Ground Floor and 1st Floor Link Exhibit area. Many of the items in this exhibit are from the University Archives and Special Collections, located on the 3rd floor.