Book an appointment with a math tutor.
About Math and Stats Help
Math and stats help focus on providing help for current USask students taking first-year and introductory courses, but can help you with a range of mathematical and statistical topics.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide help with research-level statistics at this time. Please contact the Department of Mathematics and Statistics for advice on research-level statistics. You may also find the Numeric Data library guide to be helpful.
Math and Stats Help Resources
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics has developed an on-line Mathematics Placement Test (MPT) for new university students. Students who are registered in most 100 level Math courses are required to write the MPT before they are allowed to register for calculus.
Topics covered on the MPT are:
- Arithmetic skills
- Basic algebra and functions
- Geometry and trigonometry
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
For practice questions that will prepare you to take the MPT, use the Sample Math Placement Test from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
If you have questions about the MPT, contact Amos Lee in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
Looking for help with the statistical package R? The library has video tutorials available at LinkedIn Learning (NSID authentication required). Some examples to search for are
- Code Clinic R: Explore solutions to common R programming challenges, and then compare the results with other programming languages in the Code Clinic series.
- Up and Running with R: Introduces the R statistical processing language, including how to install R, read data from SPSS and spreadsheets, analyze data, and create charts and plots.
- R Statistics Essential Training: Use R to model statistical relationships using its graphs, calculations, tests, and other analysis tools.
For trigonometry students: unit circle diagram showing positive angles in radians and degrees and their terminal points.
Visit the math help centre on the first floor of the Murray Library, Rm. 144. This location is currently closed. Online help is available. Visit the Book an Appointment page.
Math appointment-booking opens after September 6th. If you need any help, please email.
Math Help Coordinator: Holly Fraser