Find a tutor
Through the USask Tutoring Network, you can hire a subject-specific tutor who is a current student or a recent alumnus who has achieved 80% or higher in the courses they tutor.
Become a tutor
If you are a current student or recent alumni looking for an opportunity to earn some extra money and help USask students, consider becoming a subject tutor in our USask Tutoring Network.
To register as a subject tutor through the USask Tutoring Network you must:
- Be a current USask student or a recent USask Alumnus (within the past 5 years) with an active NSID
- Have a mark of 80% or more in the course(s) you want to tutor*
- Agree to allow the USask Tutoring Network administrators to access your USask transcripts or, if needed, submit your transcripts from another institution along with a list of the corresponding USask courses. Information about transfer credits can be found on the USask Admissions website.
*Please note that a student's overall academic performance may be taken into consideration prior to approval
Please note that USask alumni are not able to list the times they are available to tutor as the platform is tied to current USask Zoom accounts. USask alumni who are approved as tutors should add a sentence to their biography that invites students to send them a message directly to discuss tutoring availability.
Set up your tutor account
- Create a "host" profile
- Check the box in the host profile section that allows administrators to confirm your grade(s).
- Familiarize yourself with the USask Tutoring Network platform and add your availability.
- Questions about the platform? Read the platform tutor guide.
Prepare to meet with students
- Set up your USask Zoom account to host online sessions or book a study room in one of the libraries on campus to meet in person.
- Arrange for payment of service directly with the student.
- Please note that chat logs are periodically monitored by administrators.