We are pleased to be able to offer limited access to our collections by appointment. The health and safety of our researchers and employees, and the broader community, is our top priority during these exceptional times; please review the protocols we have established to support this.
- Access is by appointment only. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can discuss your research needs. Material must be requested for retrieval in advance of your visit. Once we determine what material you want to look at, we will be in a better position to confirm your appointment. We may also be able to assist you without an appointment, through digitization of selected material.
- Appointments are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, in morning and afternoon blocks (9:30 to 12:00 and 1:30 to 4:00). We are currently only able to accommodate a single researcher during each slot. Priority will be given to current USask students and employees.
- Under the University of Saskatchewan policy for public spaces including the library, all staff and researchers are required to wear masks at all times. Please note that we are unable to provide masks to researchers. We will be unable to let you into the building without a mask.
- As for any on campus activities, USask employees and students with an in-person appointment are required to have completed the COVID-19 safety training. Please send a copy of your completion certificate to email@example.com prior to your appointment. The training can be completed in less than 30 minutes, but the completion certificate is sent the day after you complete the training. Please plan in advance – we will be unable to allow you into the building without proof of completion of the training.
- All researchers must complete the university’s COVID-19 Self-Monitoring Checklist on the day of your appointment (https://covid19.usask.ca/documents/self-monitoring-checklist.pdf). If you have any symptoms (even one mild one), you must contact UASC to reschedule your appointment.
- Mandatory handwashing is also in place for staff and researchers. Please note that we ask that you do not use hand sanitizer prior to using UASC materials, due to possible damage to rare materials. A public washroom is located just outside our reading room.
- We encourage you to bring your own pencil and paper.
- Increased cleaning protocols are in place.
- Material used by researchers will be placed in quarantine following its use.