Get a Library Card
- Affiliate borrowers must present a USask library card to borrow materials or request services from the USask library.
- Your library card expires one year from the date of issue or at the end of the predefined terms of your employment.
- If you lose your library card, let us know right away. We will freeze it to prevent anyone else from borrowing items under your name. For lost or damaged library-issued cards, Ask Us so that we can reissue you a new card.
- Library notices are emailed or mailed to the address in your library account. It is your responsibility to provide the library with accurate contact information and keep it up to date. If we detect an incorrect address, your library account will be frozen until it is updated. You can update your contact information online via MyProfile, If you need help, Ask Us.
Borrowing Privileges & Online Access
- As an affiliate borrower, your borrowing privileges and access to interlibrary loan services are determined by your home organization.
- Standard loan periods and fines apply to affiliate borrowers.
- Some affiliate borrowers may have limited access to licensed electronic resources like databases, e-journals, and online articles. Check the borrower info in My Library Account for details or Ask Us for help.
- Most of our licensing agreements limit access to electronic resources to current students, faculty, and staff and anyone connecting from on-campus computers. Each of our six library locations have public access computers that you can use to access our electronic resources. Find out more about computers in the library.
- Saskatchewan-licensed health care practitioners, including veterinarians and veterinary technicians, are eligible to access online resources through the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP)