Computers in the library
Desktop computers are available in all libraries on a first-come-first-served basis. Log in with your NSID and password to search the library, work on your assignments, and print.
All campus computer users are responsible for reading and understanding the USask Information Technology Use Policy.
|Education & Music Library||33||18|
|Engineering Library Learning Commons||11||10|
|Leslie and Irene Dubé Health Sciences Library||30||20|
Borrow laptops from the IT Help Desk in Murray Library. This service is separate from your library account.
Programs Available on Library Desktop Computers
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1
- Beyond 2020 Professional Browser 7.0 SP1
- DjVu Control
- EndNote Web
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth Pro
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- Library W3 Launcher
- MatchWare MindView 5.0
- MATLAB R2021a
- MDL Crossfire Commander
- Mendeley Desktop 1.19.8
- Mendeley Reference Manager
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Mozilla Firefox
- PuTTY release 0.76 (64-bit)
- R for Windows 4.1.2
- Read And Write
- Stata 16, Stata 17
- VLC media player
- Windows Internet Explorer 11
- Wolfram Mathematica 12.3
*Users cannot install software on library computers. List updated Oct 2022.
Alumni and Public Computers
Alumni computers are available in:
Alumni must log in using their NSID and password. Access to your personal printing account, web browsing (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge), and LibreOffice programs are available on these computers.
- Audio-Technica AT-LP120 USB turntable & 45 disc adaptor (4)
- M-Audio Keystation Pro MIDI Keyboard
- TEAC CD player & reverse cassette deck AD-800 (2)
- Sony 5-CD player with remote (1)
Film and Video Equipment
- Panasonic Tau 20" TV/DVD/VCR combination (1)
- Viewlex Previewer Jr. filmstrip viewer light (110-120 volts AC or DC slide) (2)
- Epson DS-50000 large-format document scanner (11.7" X 17"). The associated computer has Adobe Acrobat 2017 installed.
- Epson EU-73 Scanner with document feeder
Multi-Media Editing Station
The Education and Music Library has a dedicated multi-media editing station that includes the following software programs:
- full-size midi keyboard
- music-making software
- instrument sample libraries
USask students, staff and faculty can book use of the CompS for personal, non-commercial projects.
The library is partnered with Access and Equity Services to provide access to assistive technology hardware and software in the Murray Library and the Leslie and Irene Dubé Health Science Library.
Visit the AES website for details and room booking.
Problem with the library website? Check the current system status:
Library system status as of Wednesday December 31, 1969 6:00pm.