Activating your library account
Fill out our online form or contact the USask Library to activate your alumni library services. Your library account activation will be shared with the USask Alumni office to support their evaluation of benefits and services.
If you have an alumni card, it will act as your library card. If you do not have an alumni card we can provide you with a library card.
As an alumnus, you can borrow physical materials from the library and access electronic resources while on the campus network. You do not have the same access to databases and electronic journals that you did as a registered student. See the electronic resources section of this page for details about what you have access to when off-campus.
Alumni library services
When on campus at one of our library locations, you can
- Search our library catalogue and USearch
- Search most licensed databases and download articles
- Print from alumni computers (*not available in all locations)
- Scan or photocopy in any library. You can add print/copier credits to your account online by using the PAWS My Printing channel, or by purchasing a pre-loaded card with printing and photocopying credits from the Shop USask Health Sciences, Shop USask Bookstore, and the Shop USask vending machine on the first floor of the Murray Library near the IT Support Desk.
- Ask for research help at service desks, by phone, email or online with our Ask Us chat
- Access University Archives and Special Collections
USask alumni may
- Borrow up to 50 regular loan items for 30 days
- Renew borrowed items twice by logging into your Library Account
- Request scans of items we own in print (within Canadian Copyright Fair Use guidelines)
Request interlibrary loans (available for a charge)
If an item that you have signed out is recalled by another user, a recall notice will be sent to the primary email address you have listed in MyProfile. If your original due date is more than 7 days away, a new due date will be assigned to the items included in the email. If your original due date is less than 7 days away, you must return them by the original due date. Recalled items returned late will accrue late fines at a rate of $2 per day up to a maximum of $50 per item.
Alumni are subject to the same library fines that apply to all other users. Find out more about avoiding and paying library fines.
You can access electronic databases and journals while on campus and using the USask network on library computers or your personal device.
Due to licensing terms, the University Library is not able to provide alumni with off-campus access to the same subscribed electronic databases and resources available to currently enrolled students. Some electronic resources listed below are only available to alumni in Canada. Please check the licensing agreement on the A to Z database list for details.
Off-campus alumni accessible databases
Support for professionals
- Saskatchewan-licensed health care practitioners (including veterinarians and veterinary technicians) are eligible to access the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library. See the SHIRP website to register for an account.
- APEGS (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan) and the University Library have a partnership that provides library services to current members. Learn more about the library services available to APEGS members.