Your alumni card is your library card. Bring your alumni card to any library service desk for activation; contact any library location for annual renewal.
U of S Alumni may
- Borrow up to 10 regular loan items in person from any branch for 30 days
- Renew borrowed items twice, in person at the library or by logging into your Library Account
Request Interlibrary Loans (available for a charge)
You will be notified by email when an item you have borrowed has been recalled. Recalled items must be returned by the date specified on the recall notice to avoid late fees of $2/day per item.
Access to reserve materials varies among libraries. Please check with the library location to see what access you may have.
On Campus Access
U of S Alumni may
- Search our Library Catalogue and USearch
- Search most licensed databases and download articles
- Print from alumni computers
- Scan or photocopy in any library. You can add print/copier credits to your account online using Paws or in person at any library checkout desk or the Information Centre in Upper Place Riel
- Ask for research help at service desks, by phone, email or online with our Ask Us chat
- Access University Archives and Special Collections
Off Campus Access
Due to licensing terms, the University Library is not able to provide alumni with off campus access to the same subscribed electronic databases and resources available to currently enrolled students. Some electronic resources listed below are only available to alumni in Canada, please check the licensing agreement on the A to Z database list for details.
Alumni Accessible Databases
Support for Professional Colleges
- Saskatchewan-licensed health care practitioners may be eligible to access the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library. See the SHIRP website to register for an account.
- Practicing Veterinarians in Western Canada: Contact the Veterinary Medicine Library
- Professional Engineers (APEGS members): Contact the Engineering Library