Your campus ID card is your library card. The change to Emeritus status will update your card automatically, there is no need to contact the library for activation. As University of Saskatchewan Emeriti, the expiry date of your library services is automatically set to December 31, 2030.
USask Emeriti may
- Borrow up to 150 regular loan items
- Receive extended loans
- Renew borrowed items twice by logging into your Library Account
Request Interlibrary Loans (free of charge)
- Request COPPUL reciprocal borrowing card (expiry one year from date of issue)
If an item that you have signed out is recalled by another user, a recall notice will be sent to your USask email address. If your original due date is more than 30 days away, a new due date will be assigned to the items included in the email. If your original due date is less than 30 days away, you must return them by the original due date. Recalled items returned late will accrue late fines at a rate of $2 per day up to a maximum of $50 per item.
Emeriti are subject to the same library fines that apply to all other users. Find out more about avoiding and paying library fines.
Access in the Library
When on campus at one of our six library locations, USask Emeriti can
- Search our Library Catalogue and USearch on any library computers
- Search most licensed databases and download articles
- Print from library computers
- Scan or photocopy in any library. You can add print/copier credits to your account online by: using the PAWS "My Printing" channel, or by purchasing a pre-loaded card with printing and photocopying credits from the Shop usask Health Sciences, Shop usask Bookstore, and the Shop usask vending machine on the first floor of the Murray Library near the IT Support Desk.
- Ask for research help at service desks, by phone, email or online with our Ask Us chat
- Access University Archives and Special Collections
Off Campus Access
As a USask Emeritus, you have access to all electronic resources (databases, electronic journals, and data files) licensed by the University of Saskatchewan Library. Authentication using your NSID and password is required to access most databases from off campus.
Support for Professional Colleges
- Saskatchewan-licensed health care practitioners, including veterinarians and veterinary technicians, are eligible to access the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library. See the SHIRP website to register for an account.
- Professional Engineers (APEGS members): Contact the Engineering Library