Your campus ID card is your library card. The change to Emeritus status will update your card automatically, there is no need to contact a library service desk for activation. As University of Saskatchewan Emeriti, the expiry date of your library services is automatically set to December 31, 2030.
U of S Emeriti may
- Borrow up to 150 regular loan items in person from any branch
- Receive extended loans
- Renew borrowed items twice, in person at the library or by logging into your Library Account
Request Interlibrary Loans (free of charge)
- Request COPPUL reciprocal borrowing card (expiry one year from date of issue)
You will be notified by email when an item you have borrowed has been recalled. Recalled items must be returned within 7 days (new due date will be specified on the emailed recall notice) to avoid late fines of $2/day per item.
Access to reserve materials varies among libraries. Please check with the library location to see what access you may have.
Emeriti are subject to the same library fines that apply to all other users. Find out more about avoiding and paying library fines.
Access in the Library
When on campus at one of our seven library locations, U of S Emeriti can
- Search our Library Catalogue and USearch
- Search most licensed databases and download articles
- Print from public computers
- Scan or photocopy in any library. You can add print/copier credits to your account online using Paws or in person at any library checkout desk or the Information Centre in Upper Place Riel
- Ask for research help at service desks, by phone, email or online with our Ask Us chat
- Access University Archives and Special Collections
Off Campus Access
As a U of S Emeritus, you have access to all electronic resources (databases, electronic journals, and data files) licensed by the University of Saskatchewan Library. Authentication using your NSID and password is required to access most databases from off campus.
Support for Professional Colleges
- Saskatchewan-licensed health care practitioners may be eligible to access the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library. See the SHIRP website to register for an account.
- Practicing Veterinarians in Western Canada: Contact the Veterinary Medicine Library
- Professional Engineers (APEGS members): Contact the Engineering Library