Your campus ID card is your library card. The change to "Retired" status will update your card automatically, there is no need to contact a library service desk for activation. As a University of Saskatchewan retiree, the expiry date of your library services is automatically set to December 31, 2030.
USask Retirees may
- Borrow up to 150 regular loan items
- Receive extended loans
- Renew borrowed items twice by logging into your library account
Request interlibrary loans (free of charge)
If an item that you have signed out is recalled by another user, a recall notice will be sent to your USask email address. If your original due date is more than 7 days away, a new due date will be assigned to the items included in the email. If your original due date is less than 7 days away, you must return them by the original due date. Recalled items returned late will accrue late fines at a rate of $2 per day up to a maximum of $50 per item.
Retirees are subject to the same library fines that apply to all other users. Find out more about avoiding and paying library fines.
Access in the Library
When on campus at one of our six library locations, USask Retirees can
- Search our library catalogue and USearch
- Search most licensed databases and download articles
- Scan, photocopy, and print from public computers.
- Ask for research help at service desks, by phone, email or online with our Ask Us chat
- Access University Archives and Special Collections
Off campus access
Due to licensing agreements, the University Library is not able to provide retirees with off-campus access to most subscribed electronic databases and resources. Many electronic resources are accessible in the library for all walk-in patrons. If you are on campus, come visit us at one of our six branches and access these resources using one of the library computers.
Support for professional colleges
- Saskatchewan-licensed health care practitioners, including veterinarians and veterinary technicians, are eligible to access the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library. See the SHIRP website to register for an account.
- Professional Engineers (APEGS members): Contact the Science Library