"I have a better idea of how to succeed in University when it comes to managing my time, note taking and writing, which were things I struggled with in High School."
- former JumpStart participant
What is JumpStart?
JumpStart Your Learning is designed to help you build university learning skills and gives you a chance to attend, participate, ask questions and socialize in a university setting ahead of the start of classes.
Aug. 16-19, 2023
High school students
University readiness workshops
Not sure if university is for you? A little worried about your next academic step? We got you!
What we cover
- University learning expectations
- Key skills for success in university
- Difference between a high school classroom and a university classroom
What you'll take away
- Feel confident about university
- Feel confident with new challenges
- Be familiar with academic supports
Not seeing your session? Check out previous workshop recordings
Or attend a new one
Throughout the fall term we offer many workshops, both on the same topics covered in JumpStart and more. Visit our workshop registration page for full listings.