USask students join our Virtual Write-Ins this Spring and Summer to make progress on your writing.
We offer a wide variety of workshops September-November and January-April. Choose one of the categories below to view descriptions of past workshops. We anticipate offering many of the sessions remotely in fall 2020.
- Achieving Success in University
- Prepare to learn in university, and get your mind in the right space for success.
- Study and Exams Skills
Develop strong study skills to help you improve your academic performance.
- Writing Hone your academic writing skills. Throughout the year, we cover many topics, including organization, grammar, and thesis statements.
- Build your research skills. Topics include developing research questions, strategic searching for information, and communicating your research results.
- Citation Styles: APA, MLA, and Chicago
- Learn the basics of citation and formatting in the four most common documentation styles. Ask your professor which style they prefer you to use.
- Math and Stats
- Join us for one of our sessions held periodically throughout the academic year
- Transition to Grad School
Learn the skills necessary for succeeding in graduate school. Staff or fellow graduate students will show you the way!
- These workshops are designed to support researchers in their scholarship and research activities. Workshops are typically led by librarians.
- Learn the skills needed by graduate student writers. Undergraduate students are welcome to attend.
- Citation Software
- Learn the basics of citation management tools so that you can easily save, organize, and cite your references.